Chocolate Orange Martini with Cottage Delight!
We’ve teamed up with the smashing folk at Cottage Delight to create two deliciously moreish new recipes!
First up, there’s a decadent Chocolate Orange Espresso Martini. Oh my, it’s good… even better than that smashable choccie orange sphere!
Need a teatime treat for the cake tin? Espresso and Cherry Blondies are your answer. Rich and buttery with the sweet tang of Morello cherries, these easy blondies are your new go-to bake!
Check out the recipes and get baking/cocktail shaking!
Chocolate Orange Espresso Martini
Make this Chocolate Orange Martini for a party-ready cocktail you don’t want to miss. Tasty choc-orange meets glitzy espresso martini in this next-level cocktail creation. Sleek, silky and smashing good fun, it’s the one to make every party go with a pop! Make it for guests or as an indulgent (and super simple) alternative to dessert! Or just make it because, well, just because!
The orangey-ness in this Choc-Orange Espresso Martini comes from three tablespoons of zingy marmalade. We use Cottage Delight’s Blood Orange Marmalade: it’s bright sweetness is just right with the tipsy chocolate base!
Check Out the Chocolate Orange Martini Recipe!
- 3 tbsp Orange Marmalade
- Handful ice
- Double shot Two Chimps espresso or 60ml very strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 tbsp good-quality chocolate sauce
- 60ml vodka
- 1 tbsp orange syrup
- Orange zest and cocoa, to decorate
- Spoon the marmalade into a small saucepan and heat gently. Remove from the heat once loosened and leave to cool. Then strain through a sieve to remove the peel
- Time to make the cocktail! Add ice, coffee, chocolate sauce, vodka and orange syrup to a cocktail shaker. Add 2 tsp of the strained marmalade
- Shake really well – the shaker should feel icy cold when you touch it
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and decorate with a dusting of cocoa and twist of orange. Cheers!
☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕
Espresso and Cherry Blondies
Dense and chewy in all the right places, these espresso blondies are too good to resist! The browned butter and light brown sugar make them rich and buttery, while Cottage Delight’s Morello Cherry Jam brings tangy bursts to every bite! Those sour-sweet pops are heaven in the gooey base, deliciously infused with fresh Two Chimps Coffee…
Bake them for your coffee break or serve them warm for pudding (they’re dreamy with cream)!
Bake Gooey Espresso Blondies Today – Too Good to Miss!
- 175g unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 175g white chocolate
- 2 free range eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 175g light brown sugar
- 100g light brown muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Double shot espresso or 45ml very strongly brewed coffee
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 150g Cherry Jam
- Heat oven to gas 4, 180°C, fan 160°C. Grease and line a 23cm square brownie tin with nonstick baking paper
- Chop the chocolate into chunks
- Put the butter in a saucepan. Melt over a medium heat and cook, swirling often, for a few minutes. Remove from the heat when it starts to smell sweet and biscuit-like and turns golden in colour
- Turn off the heat and leave the browned butter to cool for a couple of minutes. Then, stir in 75g of the white chocolate
- Whisk the eggs, yolk and sugars until light, pale and creamy. Gently pour in the cooled butter and white choc mixture, plus the vanilla and coffee, and fold until combined
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and salt and gently fold these into the wet ingredients
- Add the remaining white chocolate and mix
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and level the surface. Dollop spoonfuls of the cherry jam onto the blondie mixture and swirl with a cocktail stick or knife. Be careful – you don’t want to push the jam too low!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is set and the mixture doesn’t wobble but is still quite soft in the centre
- Leave in the tin to cool completely, preferably overnight, before cutting into 16 squares
Like these? Hungry for more? Head to our recipe file for yum-scrum treats galore!
Join the troop