Spooky Coffee: fangtastic ideas for Halloween coffee!
Boo! Dim the lights and get your white bedsheet (sorry, carefully crafted ghost costume) ready because Halloween is on the way. But it’s not all sugar-laden sweets and graveyard cakes; why not caffeinate your Halloween celebrations with our spooky coffee ideas?
Get ready for hauntingly good Halloween coffee that might even wake the dead…
Hocus pocus: coffee for Halloween
Rich, warming coffee is perfect for Halloween. October evenings can be chilly, so make sure you’ve got plenty of delicious speciality coffee to please your gruesome guests.
What kind of coffee is best for Halloween? Whichever you prefer! Swap all the tricks for treats and stock up on your favourite coffee from our Two Chimps online shop. Try a medium/ dark roast coffee if you’re struggling to decide; its rich, caramelised nuttiness is just right for autumn. Don’t Poke the Bear could be made for Halloween. With notes of red apple and golden caramel, it’s just like drinkable toffee apple (yes, it is as good as it sounds).
Or, why not say a spooky hello to The Waving Goldfish? This smooth Peruvian decaf tastes just like fruit crumble and is perfect around the campfire. Or cauldron.
Spooky Whipped Coffee
Get creative on All Hallows’ Eve with our Halloween coffee recipes! If sweet coffee’s your thing, be sure to try this Spooky Whipped Coffee. Yes, you can make an insta-ready whipped coffee without instant coffee!
Upgrade your Dalgona coffee with our terrible Halloween twist…
- Double shot espresso made with your favourite Two Chimps Coffee
- 2 tbsp soft dark brown sugar
- 100ml milk of your choice
- Orange food colouring
- Orange or black sugar, or Halloween-themed sprinkles
- First, decorate your glass. Pour a little honey into a dish and tip some sprinkles out onto another. Gently dip the rim of your glass into the honey, lift and then dip it into the sprinkles. Shake to remove any excess and set aside.
- Using an electric handheld mixer, whip up 1 tbsp of the coffee with the sugar until it is thick and aerated, a bit like you are making meringue.
- Add the rest of the espresso to a glass. This extra coffee is optional but is great if you want a whipped coffee that’s more coffee-flavoured and a bit less sweet.
- Pour in the milk and stir in enough of the orange food colouring to turn it orange.
- Gently pour the whipped coffee on top of your glass.
Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Every drink gets a pumpkin makeover at this time of year. But why not put those plastic-packed chain café brews aside and make a proper pumpkin spiced latte at home? Made with real pumpkin puree, it’ll knock the socks off any shop-bought brew!
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- Ground cinnamon
- Mixed spice
- 4 tbsp espresso (a double shot) of strongly brewed coffee
- 500 ml milk of your choice
- Place 1 tbsp pumpkin puree in each glass. Add a pinch of the spices to each and mix.
- Stir in the coffee.
- Gently heat the milk in a saucepan until it is hot and frothy (do not boil). Pour the milk and milk froth carefully into the glass.
- Sprinkle with a little more cinnamon, stir and enjoy!
Halloween coffee cocktail
Is your creepy company a little older? Then serve up this striking black and white coffee cocktail. What could be better when the witching hour comes around?
- 100ml strongly brewed coffee, cooled
- 2 tbsp Kahlúa
- 2 tbsp vodka
- 4 tbsp double cream
- White marshmallows
- Black food colouring or black edible ink pens
- First, decorate the marshmallows. Either use your edible ink pen or dot a cocktail stick in a tiny amount of food colouring to draw Halloween-themed shapes on the marshmallows. Slide onto cocktail sticks and set aside.
- For the cocktail, mix the cooled coffee, Kahlúa and vodka together and pour out equally between the two glasses.
- Whip the cream ever so slightly. Carefully pour it over the back of a spoon so it settles on top of the coffee mixture.
- Add the spooky marshmallows and enjoy!
Get spooked up for Halloween with freshly roasted speciality coffee. It’s the best way to get caf-fiend-ated! ?
Need coffee for your Halloween spook-fest?
Join the troop
And we will plant a tree